Knockdhu distillery

Knockdhu distillery is situated in the Highlands of Scotland, on the very edge of the Speyside region in a small village called Knock. The distillery itself was founded in 1894 after the discovery of several springs on the nearby Knock hill.
The Knock hill is known to locals as AnCnoc, which comes from the Gaelic for “black hill”. Transformed by the weather, the heathers and other vegetation growing on the hill appear black from a distance hence the locals name of the black hill.
When the distillery was opened in 1894 is was seen as a showpiece with two pot stills turning out 2500 gallons of spirit per week. The pot stills are made to the same design today, producing the same spirit that was produced over 100 years ago. In 1989 Knockdhu became the first distillery that Inver House Distillers purchased, thus becoming the dawn of a new era for the company.